Monday, February 2, 2009

I was layout of the day!

I joined the forum at Brownie Scraps because I am doing some design training there. I uploaded a few of my favorite layouts to their gallery and one of them was selected for Layout of the Day! Click here for the thread.


This was my first layout that I ever did that I said to myself, "Wow, I might actually be getting good at this digital scrapbooking thing." (By the way, I never have fake nails done. My nails usually grow pretty well by themselves, but 3 days before my wedding, I broke the nail on my ring finger! Thus the fakes were necessary.

A girl can't do these things by herself though. I had some inspiration and someone's kit of course.

First I have to thank my friend Charmaine. She of course taught me to scrap in the first place, and secondly, I totally scraplifted her on this one. Run over to her blog and download her freebies and bask in her creative glory. She is honestly one of the best and most creative digi-scrappers I know.

And the kit. The kit is of course Amber's Midnight Interlude. You can buy it from her store at Digital Candy.

Now, I am willing to share how I made this layout. But does anyone want to know? I don't wanna write out a big long post if no one wants to know. Let me know! :)

10 comments:

Rose said...

Wow, congrats!! I checked out your friends blog, and I am new to phototshop, so I need to go through her posts more thoroughly on a day when I'm not so tired! I wanted to let you know I used your quick page and wanted to show you, but couldn't find an email for you. I might post it on my blog later this week with credits to you and Amber of course! Thanks for all your hard work! And yes, I would be interested in how you did that layout, I'm always looking for tips and tricks I can use, since I know zero about photoshop!! Thanks :)

Rose said...

Wow, congrats!! I checked out your friends blog, and I am new to phototshop, so I need to go through her posts more thoroughly on a day when I'm not so tired! I wanted to let you know I used your quick page and wanted to show you, but couldn't find an email for you. I might post it on my blog later this week with credits to you and Amber of course! Thanks for all your hard work! And yes, I would be interested in how you did that layout, I'm always looking for tips and tricks I can use, since I know zero about photoshop!! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Jen-Congratulations! That's so awesome! I would absolutely love to hear how you did this lo. I must say, if this was your first LO, dang, you ROCK! Way to go!

Chanin said...

Great job, Jen! Congrats! It is beautiful!!!

Charmaine of Wyld Web Designs said...

Thanks for the kudos hun, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside :) Congrats again on LOTD at Brownie Scraps!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on LOTD!! Doesn't it make you feel awesome?:) I love the layout and the photos are great!

Mystic Faery said...

very pretty!

Juli and Brett said...

I would definitely like to know Jen. a little help would be great....=)

Unknown said...

Just stopping by to say Happy Birthday!

Rose said...

Jen, I can see why this was the pic of the day, it's gorgeous! You are REALLY good at the digital scrap booking - keep at it!

On another note, I've never had acrylics (fake nails) either, and my thumbnail broke right before my wedding! Only I just had the french manicure kind of mask the break and in a picture of our rings I tucked my thumb into the roses a bit. You can see it on my anniversary post, Dec. 4! Too funny.